JHC Property Management is committed to delivering a high level of service based on being proactive rather than reactive. Our company provides a management service of higher end properties; these are desirable properties in sought after locations. We also strive to source quality professionals as tenants for our clients. We screen any prospective tenants whilst keeping our landlords briefed of all decisions.
Finding the right tenant(s) is paramount. We undertake thorough checks to ensure we ‘know your tenant’ and making sure that any potential tenants are made aware of any policies as set out by you, such as no smoking or no pets. JHC Property Management will also ensure that a full bond (generally one month’s rent plus £100) is taken in advance of moving in. Deposits are then registered with the government backed Deposit Protection Service Custodial Scheme. Further information relevant for landlords can be found at https://www.depositprotection.com/landlord-info.
Planned site visits are carried out on a periodic basis to ensure units are maintained to the highest of standards. When required we call upon our extensive database of qualified contractors to undertake any urgent repairs, emergencies or planned maintenance. We believe that the quality of the rental determines the quality of the tenant.
**We are an approved agent with RENT SMART WALES**
**We are a member of ARLA Propertymark www.arla.co.uk
**We have an independent redress scheme via the Ombudsman Services www.ombudsman-services.org
Our on-boarding service includes:
- An initial survey of the property to establish if any maintenance is required
- Effecting repairs within an agreed landlord/owner budget
- Advertising the property
- Sourcing and screening tenants (identification, bank statements, payslips and credit checks)
- Preparing an inventory for the property together with supporting photos
- Taking meter readings and advising all utility companies
- Advising the council for council tax purposes
- Drawing up an Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement (AST)
- Take and register the tenants deposit with the government approved DPS Custodial Scheme see Deposit Protection Service
Our on-going property management service includes:
- Day to day management of your property portfolio
- Ensuring all tenants pay via a monthly standing order
- Collecting and chasing any rent arrears
- Periodic inspections of the property (typically every six months)
- Being the first point of contact for any maintenance issues
- Settling contractor invoices
- Renewal of tenancy agreement
- Serving relevant Notices
- End of Tenancy Procedure
- Undertake a full end of tenancy inspection of the property
- Liaise with the Deposit Protection Service regarding the bond
- Advise the utility companies of final meter readings
- Let the council know that the tenant has moved out for council tax purposes
- Re-letting the property
If your property is in a good state of repair and you wish to appoint an agent that will pay attention to detail in a similar way to an owner, then we would be very happy to discuss your management requirements. Please contact us.